Utility - Empower Your Customers
Why Solar Power?
- Need: India continues to experience significant delays and disruptions in bringing non-renewable energy online. The country faces the daunting task of adding 500 MWs of power generation per week for the next 25 years to maintain GDP growth of 8% per annum. Peak demand power purchase prices have exceeded Rs 15 in some states. In the past four years, the power situation in many states has deteriorated.
- Environment: Investing in solar energy now will create a long-term path towards a more sustainable planet. Moreover, if India invests in this technology now, the cost of reducing carbon intensivity in the future will be avoided. Finally, one of our 2 MW facilities eliminates CO2 emissions equivalent to that of 550,000 trees. Now that's green.
- Development: The average American consumes 96% more power per year than the average Indian. The average Chinese person consumes 77% more power per year than the average Indian. For India to maintain its fast development, power availability needs to increase. The areas in greatest need are unelectrified or functionally unelectrified. These areas will have to wait for many more years before a reliable, robust grid reaches them. Azure Power thinks they should not have to wait.
Why Azure Power?
- Proven Execution: While other developers have waited for more attractive incentives to flow from the Centre, Azure Power has utilized its superior design, financing, and execution strategies to complete the only private solar power plant supported by MNRE's 50 MW scheme. When we sign a PPA with our utility customers, we make promises that we intend to keep.
- Highly Reliable: Azure Power uses the best photovoltaic panels and system to ensures 25+ years of flawless operation. Our experienced operations team delivers on our promises to you.
- Power Where It Is Needed: As a utility, you have fewer challenges in meeting the power needs of urban and semi-urban customers, where grid management is easier and distribution losses are reduced. The demands at the tail-end of the grid are growing rapidly and challenging to meet under the traditional generation and distribution model. Azure Power's solution puts power at the substation where you need it most.
- Environmental Benefits: No noxious emissions. No noise. No pollution. Good for every community - whether a hospital, sports complex, SEZ, or rural village.
- Modularity: Our solar systems are easily extensible. As your customers' needs for solar energy grows at each site, Azure Power will quickly expand your solar energy supply in as little as six months.
- New in India: Azure Power's innovative services will allow you to be one of the first utilities to embrace large-scale solar power.
Azure Power's Mission
The Future: We believe India's future will be more bright through the intelligent, forward-thinking investment of India's power utilities, supported by creative government incentive schemes. From a cleaner environment to more jobs to greater energy security, the development of the solar energy industry over the next twenty years will mirror India's phenomenal growth. Most importantly, we believe that private and public sector solar power developers need to start executing on their ambitious calls for solar production, versus continuing to emit press releases. While the future for solar is bright, the haze needs to be cleared now through diligent execution.
The Present: We are spurred to execute on our ambitious plans when we meet ambitious, driven citizens whose growth is constrained by a lack of basic access to electricity or whose health is harmed by noxious kerosene fumes. As a utility, you struggle to meet these customers' needs, while ensuring the integrity of your grid. Azure Power wants to eliminate the need for kerosene.
The Next Generation: Azure Power believes that India's next generation of leaders should be able to capitalize on their enormous potential by removing the restraints that low power supply, millions of tons of environmental pollutants, and dirty fuels impose on their lives. As you, the utility, have invested in ensuring that the grid continues to be extended to where they live. We believe that clean technologies can provide them the power they need to fulfill their potential.
Please complete our "Enquire Now" form. If you believe that a solar-powered future is right for you, you can also call us right away at our Delhi operational headquarters. We are already working with a number of prominent grid operators throughout the country. We hope to add you to our growing team of partners in fulfilling our mission.